poor Admin Controls

A general forum for members and friends of OSGN to discuss various non-game related topics. Please keep politics and religion out of it. We are here to have fun, and those topics usually lead to anything but fun.

Keep it clean. No vulgarity, bigoted remarks, etc.

Moderator: Founders

kodachrome
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:10668829

Re: poor Admin Controls

Post by kodachrome »

I had just joined, and didn't hear/see the previous comments. All I had seen was Camels txt about 'having sex with his mom' and I kicked him. I admit I read the msg wrong. I went back and looked at the log and now realize that. Sorry. But it's not what I 'saw' at first. That was my mistake. Had I been able to hear what was going on without EVERYONE screaming at the same time it would have been different.
The trash talk/mic spamming and SPRAYS, have gotten out of hand and I have commented about this in our private forum. Most of this is coming from regulars players who DO know the rules and have been warned many times.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

Let’s just calm down a minute. Pinhead, I've played with you a long time and you know how the server is. Sometimes it just gets to rowdy and it's hard to determine what is happening right away. If I was the admin and heard "having sex with his mom" just as I walked in I would have made the same assumption as Koda and kicked him. Yes, we have a warn, kick, ban policy, but certain things get a more stringent punishment. If anyone makes a bigoted or racist remark, it's an auto ban. If somebody is talking about sex with somebodies mother it is either a warn or kick depending on the admin.

Please have Camel join the forums so we can explain to him what happened. Koda went through the logs, so he may have seen what the other guy wrote, if it wasn't via voice comm, and can do as he sees fit.

As for you clan members being targeted, I don't know anything about that and I doubt any of the founders do either. Can you PM me specifics?

As for how the server is being admined now, we will look into it. If you have any specifics of admin abuse, please PM me and the founders can discuss it.

We have always tried to be calm, cool and collected with no drama on the server and forums. If you have a complaint in the future please feel free to PM me.

Let’s keep it civil.

Action
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:3305049

Post by Action »

Agreed ... each admin has his own right to do what he sees fit to keep the server clean ...it can then be taken to the forums after that and disputed if need be ...and the founding persons may or may not change the punishment ....
AJ's The Name Funs The Game!

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

We have made it clear what is expected of admins. Any problems you see pm them to me so I can present them to the founders who will take the appropriate actions.

grandma death

Post by grandma death »

Well to start off, I have known you for a long time Pin, and have enjoyed playing with you. With all due respect, the way you have come off in these posts is not exactly friendly or understanding of a situation. A simple post without the rants and undertones would have been way more appropriate.

Koda is one of the owners of this server and pays for your right to play here. He did what he saw fit in a situation that he walked into. I would probably have done the same thing, so would most Admin here or elsewhere. I think he came on and explained what he thought was happening, thats all he owes anyone.

We started this server to just play CS:S. No drama, its in the MOTD. We are here to play, unfortunatly we have to keep control of several people that use CS to enrich there otherwise mundane lives with something exciting. So this takes away from our gaming experience which sucks!

I can see by your post that you disagree with our clean server phylosophy, well to each his own and thank God we live where we can make those kinds of decisions, but it is our server, we may not catch everything that happens, but we do our best.

Your clan members seem to have an issue with our rules and bad things seem to follow them, you server rules obviously differ from ours. We dont target anyone, we handle situations on an individual basis the best we can. You could probably help with this by letting them know as they come in to the server to read the MOTD, tell them its a clean server.

As I stated before, known you a long time and enjoy playing with you, hopefully you can let this go and still come by and play.

GD
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust

Action
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:3305049

Post by Action »

i think everything with you and your guys is getting a little out of hand .. everytime reaper joins the game he makes smart remarks ...he isnt interested in playing or he would do so and all of our admins are getting tired of it ...we want to play for fun and not have any drama ...when it happens then it is taken care of and that is the end of the story ....reaper insisted to have it taken care of so now i would say its a done deal and we will have no more problems ...if you and your guys want to play here then they will play by osgn rules or they will not play ....sorry it has come to this but we dont like ripples ....
AJ's The Name Funs The Game!

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Drama over. Thread locked.