Who is this Homer guy? - Intro

A general forum for members and friends of OSGN to discuss various non-game related topics. Please keep politics and religion out of it. We are here to have fun, and those topics usually lead to anything but fun.

Keep it clean. No vulgarity, bigoted remarks, etc.

Moderator: Founders

HomerJSimpson
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:5245675

Who is this Homer guy? - Intro

Post by HomerJSimpson »

Hi all, it's Homer, your friendly neighborhood newest member. I would have posted earlier but my app to the forums was stuck in limbo or something, but I'm in now.

Who am I?
I'm 45
Single but looking
No kids, but have lots of nieces and nephews that I love doing things with.
I work for CDW, a computer reseller, for the last 20 years.
Prior to CDW, my family had a packaging/shipping company, that also sold boxes and other packing materials, and one of our top clients was the movie companies in Chicago. I never made it on film but my products did. Some movies we provided for were, Uncle Buck, Home Alone 1/2, Dennis the Menace 1/2, Hoffa, Backdraft and Groundshog Day to name a few. I'd deliver to the sets or on location in Chicago and got to see the stars and some filming, pretty cool.
I mostly play CSS Gun Game, but also Stronghold Kingdoms, old stuff.
I also play Heroclix (look it up here to know it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroClix.
Just got into Magic, yeah a bit late but better than never I've been told.

Also, for those that do not know I've been given the chance to help admin, so if you need an admin, add me and if I'm around I'll help.

One big note though, if there is a problem in the server, please do not scream for the admin once they join, it will scare off the person maybe. Here is what to do if an admin isn't around.

Go into console.
Enter the word "STATUS", hit enter. This will bring up all the Steam U numbers.
Next enter "CONDUMP", his enter, this will create a wordpad file in your CStrike folder copying the STATUS info and other stuff said from Console. CONDUMP stands for Console Dump.
This way, if they leave and they haven't played previously on our server to show in the logs right away, we have their info.

If you think they are cheating and are not sure, you can make a demo too.
In Console, type in "RECORD", followed by the name of the file. Keep it to one word, if you used more than one it won't record. If you need two words, put an underscore between such as HOMER_01012016. This will record until you type STOP in console, or log out of the game.

This is good stuff for when an admin isn't around.

SquiddlyDiddly
STEAM ID: [U:1:10149322]

Re: Who is this Homer guy? - Intro

Post by SquiddlyDiddly »

There has been a major shortage of admins on the server as of late and many idiots that needed to be kicked/banned. I've tried messaging a few admins I have on my friends list, but without much luck. Mostly bunny hoppers and people with ignorant names that ignore requests to change them. I have been on a few times when Homer did come to the rescue and it is always appreciated. Especially when it is a more severe offense like actual hacks that are causing the server to empty.
Thanks to all admins for their hard work to make this a great server and thanks Homer for some good suggestions for those that aren't aware of some of the pro-active steps we can all take to assist admins.
Cheers.