sorry

Have you been hit with a ban hammer and want to know why? Think some body needs to be hit? Post your questions here. Being respectful will go a long way.
Yowzer

sorry

Post by Yowzer »

sorry koda, i finally got the prick though
unban should've worked too, contact Brutus if it didn't.

Yowzer

Re: sorry

Post by Yowzer »

As a follow up to this, Brutus, could you check the logs for around 8:30-9:00 last night and make sure that the correct person is banned? The map was texture_city, the guy came in, started spoofing player names, and seemed to be able to kill teammates as well, even though ff wasn't on. Anyway, he changed his name about 1000 times before I was able to get the POS. Could you also check and make sure that any steam id's banned by accident have been unbanned? I think I took care of Koda already, but maybe double check. Thanks.

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

I looked through the logs of that map and I couldn't find any bans. Do you remember what the map before it was?

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

OK, I think this was the guy
RGB STEAM_0:0:5872444. Online for 6 minutes, with multiple names of other players used. Can you check and make sure he's banned, Brutus?

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

It definitely happened on texture city.

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

That ID is banned. I did a Steam ID check and it comes up with the name deinhode. looks like locuts_1, paul and Doggy was banned before that.

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

The name spoofing thing was making it pretty hard to ban him, it was like it was scripted to his fire button or something, it was changing that fast. Nobody other than RGB should be banned from that particular map. I couldn't find doggy on the stats page, but paul is on there, not showing as playing texture city though. I think he was banned prior to that due to language. locuts shouldn't be banned, anyway.

edit/
OK, I see there are two RGB's in the list. The ID I listed is the guy, though.

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Koda kicked locuts_1, you then banned Koda, then you banned locuts_1. That is the only thing I see in the log for texture city as far as banning. Did you use the admin menu to ban?

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

Yeah, it was through the admin menu. sm_addban comes up as an invalid command when I try it. I believe I got Koda unbanned shortly after. Did a google on that steam_id, and he's been doing it all over the place the last week or so. Either way, if he's banned, it's all good. I'll get an ID for locuts and unban him, if you haven't taken care of it already.

From my google explorations, it looks like his buddy STEAM_0:0:41760594 might be worth adding as well. Same shit, different shithead.

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

I banned the ID you just gave me. I also unbanned locuts_1.