:(

Have you been hit with a ban hammer and want to know why? Think some body needs to be hit? Post your questions here. Being respectful will go a long way.
godard
STEAM ID: 0:1:501338

:(

Post by godard »

hey, i cussed, like i usually do, but in a non-offensive way.
i am sorry, because osgn is the only server i really enjoy playing on, so being banned-anna-ed makes me sorry.

so s'il vous plaît anti-ban me so i can play on the server and not cuss =^.^=

it happened a few days ago, in the evening probably.

Merci!

grandma death

Re: :(

Post by grandma death »

Well honestly Goddard, you have been warned a lot. And I think you could be a little more respectful of our server if you like it so much. It takes time out of our gaming experience to have to ask you to watch your mouth, so that makes the Admin upset. I think Yowzer is the one that banned you, he will chime in here and you guys can talk about it, and he can decide your fate.

GD
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust

godard

Post by godard »

well i took the time to register, and ill be understanding of the reel suite rules you halve, so id appreciate relaxation. no one was slurred or tarnished, im shure i was frustrated by dying once again and i expressed it and that's all there is too it. and im sure if you knew me youd understand; im only testing the boundaries of words themselves, not because of their meaning but because of their effect. and i used to have a server with similar rules back in 1.5, and wish i had let people enjoy the server if they weren't too extreme, but we had zero tolerance, and people had no respect for us in reaction. but that's irrelevant.

maybe a kick, or a 24hr ban would be nice, a yellow card, cause im wasting more of your ticking time on this forum discussing due to a straight perm, and if im wasting yours then im wasting mine. and if it continues then send them to the chopping blocks.

i only continue to type silly curse words because of the nobles who swoop in with their "language" and their "watch it godard". my test is done, i know the types; but i do enjoy the personalities, they are interesting and funny, so that's why im going through the trouble.

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

Maybe something is being lost in translation here. Are you saying you know the rules regarding language, but ignore them as some sort of test to see who will warn you? How many warnings did you expect to receive before you were banned? We certainly don't have zero tolerance - our policy is warn, kick, ban. I skipped the "kick" option with you because you have been warned so many times. Most people seem to respect the simple warning of "No cussing - family server". What makes you so special that you think this rule doesn't apply to you?

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

godard wrote:well i took the time to register, and ill be understanding of the reel suite rules you halve, so id appreciate relaxation. no one was slurred or tarnished, im shure i was frustrated by dying once again and i expressed it and that's all there is too it. and im sure if you knew me youd understand; im only testing the boundaries of words themselves, not because of their meaning but because of their effect. and i used to have a server with similar rules back in 1.5, and wish i had let people enjoy the server if they weren't too extreme, but we had zero tolerance, and people had no respect for us in reaction. but that's irrelevant.

maybe a kick, or a 24hr ban would be nice, a yellow card, cause im wasting more of your ticking time on this forum discussing due to a straight perm, and if im wasting yours then im wasting mine. and if it continues then send them to the chopping blocks.

i only continue to type silly curse words because of the nobles who swoop in with their "language" and their "watch it godard". my test is done, i know the types; but i do enjoy the personalities, they are interesting and funny, so that's why im going through the trouble.
:roll: A "I'm sorry I have no self-control, but I won't break your rules anymore" probably would have gotten you further.

godard

Post by godard »

yea.
you're right.
i just concluded that.

sorry, i wont break your rules anymore.

Moondance

Post by Moondance »

F.Y.I., Yowzer is on vacation. So you will have to wait until he returns.

godard

Post by godard »

noo please. im sorry. just let me back on. please ^.^ !

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

Godard - If nobody else has a problem with it, I am OK with Brutus un-banning you. Please consider this as your final warning. Whether in voice comm or typing, swearing on our server is not tolerated, except on designated nights (which are rare). Personally, I swear all the time - it's even accepted in my professional life - but I am able to control myself while playing. For the record, it was my 11 yr old nephew that advised me of your language prior to your ban. While I am sure he has heard swearing before, we offer our server as a place where this won't be tolerated.

If you are still interested in playing on our server, please post your steam_ID here for Brutus. If you don't know how to find your steam_ID, google is your friend. If/When you next join the server, please take a moment before joining a team to read the MOTD (message of the day) screen that pops up with the server rules, or type 'motd' in chat after joining a team.

There will be no further warnings, and if you are banned again, it will be permanent.

grandma death

Post by grandma death »

Well we are getting soft in our old age. Perhaps one of those little Blue pills will....Ah, never mind.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust