Counter-Strike:Global Offensive

Talk about various games or post reviews of games that you have played
Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Counter-Strike:Global Offensive

Post by Brutus »

About the Game
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.
Looks like there will be a new CS game early next year. I'm hoping they don't mess it up to bad.

Yowzer

Re: Counter-Strike:Global Offensive

Post by Yowzer »

I read a couple articles about this after seeing your post. If things stay as they are now, it sounds like they will be changing gameplay fairly significantly, at least as far as cs and de go. I don't know that I would be any more inclined to play, though. At the time CS:S came out, I was fairly disappointed that there weren't any real changes to the game, but I don't know if this takes it far enough. Personally, I think Valve might do well to take a page from Dice's handbook, and get some bigger maps with more objectives, maybe control points that had to be secured (for example: sniper positions). Of course, that would make the game something other than the CS we have all come to know and love.

kodachrome
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:10668829

Post by kodachrome »

Yowzer wrote: maybe control points that had to be secured
You mean to actually CAMP and make it part of the game? LOL

I need to get back into playing regular CS once in a while. L0051N9 my 5k1ll2.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Yowzer

Post by Yowzer »

I just think that vanilla CS would be more playable if the pace was slowed a bit and there were multiple objectives.

grandma death

Post by grandma death »

L0051N9 my 5k1ll2.

And when did you aquire said skills? I must have been on vacation.

Gd :lol:
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust

kodachrome
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:10668829

Post by kodachrome »

|=in3, my |-|4c|<5 4r3 0|_|7d473d.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

Been playing the beta and it's a fun game. Just found out that they added "Arms Race" mode, which is Gun Game. I think they have it set to turbo, so after I try it, my suggestion will be to add a non-turbo mode.

Toys
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:20325816

Post by Toys »

I like CS:S more then CS:GO.... A lot more. I got a beta key and played, but didn't really like.