CS:S Crosshairs fix

Need help with a technical matter? Ask here for help.
Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

CS:S Crosshairs fix

Post by Brutus »

Crosshairs now have customizable size, thickness, and color:

cl_crosshairsize specifies the size of the crosshair in pixels at 640x480 resolution

cl_crosshairthickness specifies the thickness of the crosshair in pixels at 640x480 resolution

The crosshair now scales proportionately for all screen resolutions. This replaces the old scaling behavior, and the cvar cl_crosshairscale is no longer used. Players can revert to old crosshair behavior by setting cl_legacy_crosshair_scale to 1.

Setting cl_crosshaircolor to 5 enables the use of custom crosshair colors, specified by cvars cl_crosshaircolor_r, cl_crosshaircolor_g, and cl_crosshaircolor_b.

The default of cl_crosshairuseapha has been changed to 1. Alpha blending makes the crosshair much more visible on new HDR maps, and it is recommended that existing players enable this setting manually or through the options interface (Multiplayer->Crosshair appearance->Translucent).

Coder
STEAM ID: :0:1:256982

Re: CS:S Crosshairs fix

Post by Coder »

When did the crosshairs get borked?
"If it weren't for on-line gaming, I could still be using a 286!"
--Coder--

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

Last update. I didn't see a change, but I only used the crosshairs under options so that may be why.

Coder
STEAM ID: :0:1:256982

Post by Coder »

Ohhh. I use the standard crosshairs as well.
"If it weren't for on-line gaming, I could still be using a 286!"
--Coder--

A.T.O.M.
STEAM ID: 0:0:36556097

Post by A.T.O.M. »

have any of you guys tried the new beta?

i like the x-hair style in the beta - they added a sort of dynamic, yellow bounding box around the center that is supposed to accurately represent your spread. it's a little too intrusive IMO and i don't know if it will be kept in the upcoming release, but i'm hoping they tweak it a bit and do keep it.