Please unban me?!

Have you been hit with a ban hammer and want to know why? Think some body needs to be hit? Post your questions here. Being respectful will go a long way.
D-Bug
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:726294

Please unban me?!

Post by D-Bug »

I feel kinda dumb. One night at the server after every one was gone and the server was empty, except for maybe one or two that had been in spectate for the last couple hours and didn't' log out. I thought I would check out the server admin menus. I was checking out the all the different maps and at the very end of the list was "test_speakers" . I selected it and of course its not a map. But it takes me to a source speaker test screen. Well this inhibited me from seeing any of the admin menus on my screen but I could here the menu selections when a pushed the keys. So I thought I would try and go off of memory and and blindly change it back to a regular map so I could see the menus again. Well that was a big mistake .... as I was flicking wildly at my keyboard thinking that it was a good idea. (NOT) The screen went to console and said "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED" "ABUSIVE". I don't know what menu selections I was making but apparently I hit one, one to many times. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I do feel really dumb. Hopefully I haven't done any permanent damage :o

D-Bug STEAM_0:0:726294

“You know, without boating, ¾ of the earths surface would be a total waste!”

grandma death

Re: Please unban me?!

Post by grandma death »

Well I am not sure what to say, this is a first. LOL. Brutus, could you please un-ban D-Bug.

Thanks
GD
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

Should be unbanned. D-Bug, here are the commands you are allowed to use. mute,kick and Ban. I think the spray command is still working so you can use that too for indecent offensive sprays.Those are the only 2 you should be using. You shouldn't change maps, go into fun mode, use the various say commands to let everyone know you are there or when you are leaving. The best admin is one that does not appear to be there until a problem arises.

Don't set people on fire, teleport them, etc. Just play the game.

D-Bug
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:726294

Post by D-Bug »

Yeah no problem. Like I said I waited till no one was on the server before I started messing around. I agree with you all the way. The best admins are the ones you don't know about.

Thank you

“You know, without boating, ¾ of the earths surface would be a total waste!”