RTV

Information on the server, like maintenance, MoTD, etc.
Gramin
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:18277492

RTV

Post by Gramin »

I think we need an RTV function. I'm OK with the random map cycle but occasionally you'll have 5 or 6 players on a map and the next map will be City or some other large map with more than ample camping options. When that happens, we could then RTV to a smaller map (e.g. snow, shotty) and have a much more enjoyable game than spending 5 minutes a round searching for each other.

And, I think this might increase the number of players on the server. Players like the small, knife-crazy maps. You're more likely to get players join the server when there's 5 players on shotty than 5 on city.

Just my two cents.

grandma death

Re: RTV

Post by grandma death »

We have tlaked about that option in the past and decided against it, the main reason being is that everytime some little loud mouthed punk kid comes in the server they want to RTV the map. There is usually an Admin somewhere around. Add the admins to your stalking, I mean friend list and just hit them up for a quick map change. :o

GD
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan
In God We Trust

Brutus
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:1286

Post by Brutus »

As GD said, or just play the map. The maps are suppose to be set up so that it does not play the larger maps when there are only 6 people on. You may get caught on a large map when people leave, but the next map will be a small one.

I agree, no RTV.

alldaves

Post by alldaves »

I will chime in also, I think RTV just distracts from the game. There is always someone who doesnt like the map (someone bashed churches). Then we have to go through that crap. JUST PLAY ON........

kodachrome
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:10668829

Post by kodachrome »

alldaves wrote:I JUST PLAY ON........
Agreed
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."